Jan 17, 2010

I heart Spanish food!

Which is a really good thing since there is an abundance of it in the Tampa area and most of it is incredibly affordable. After a fun-filled night at Elmer's with some of the greatest people I know (which I didn't write about, but for the record, pitchers of Yuengling will run you $9), I was not feeling particularly well this morning. I needed two things: coffee and food.

Naturally, I didn't want to venture too far from home, and definitely didn't want to spend a lot of money, so La Teresita was the perfect option. Not only is it cheap and delicious, but they are really fast. Well, today wasn't so fast, but we decided to sit outside since the diner was pretty packed. I think they tend to forget about you if you're outside. You know how it is--out of sight out of mind. The service was still very good, just slower than normal. Nonetheless, we sat down and within minutes had the best cup of café con leche this side of Cuba. Extra sugar. It's like candy, seriously.

Even though it was about 11:30 am, I decided to order breakfast since that's what I love more than anything. If I could eat breakfast for every meal, I probably would. And I'd never get sick of it. I digress. Anyway, I ordered the chorizo (spicy sausage) and queso (cheese) omelet and Martha ordered a bacon and egg sandwich. The breakfast selection isn't what you'd find at IHOP or Village Inn, but they have a few omelet options, basic eggs and meat plates and a few sandwiches. Plus it's about a million times better and easily half the price.

All in all, a great, affordable option to cure my hangover.

Me:
Omelet with chorizo and queso ($4)
Café con leche ($1.90)

Martha:
Bacon and egg sandwich ($3.15)
Café con leche ($1.90)

http://www.lateresitarestaurant.com/




 
 
I couldn't even finish it all!

1 comment:

  1. mmm mmm mmm that breakfast was yummy and best of all CHEAP! It punched my hangover in the face.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails